Isolate – Word Of The Day
Isolate – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking and Writing
Isolate: (Verb) /ˈaɪ.sə.leɪt/
To separate one person, group, or thing from other people or things
Separate, Confine, Detach, Insulate, Divide
With noun: isolate attempt/community/gene/group/rest/world
With verb: become/feel/remain/try
For IELTS Speaking:
“The town was isolated by the floods.”
“New born babies must be isolated from possible contamination.”
For IELTS Writing:
“It is impossible to isolate political responsibility from moral responsibility.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: isolated, topics, classics, dynamic, sole, adapt, couple, prohibits, finite, identical.
- Disney’s early cartoon features are now considered _______________ in the field of animation.
- I’ll be ready in a _______________ of minutes.
- Victoria has enacted a new bylaw which _______________ smoking in all public buildings.
- _______________ twins develop from the equal division of a fertilized egg.
- Our oil and gas reserves are _______________, so we must take steps to develop alternative energy sources.
- The _______________ economy of the U. S. is the envy of the world.
- In April of 1932, after 5 years of research, an American science professor _______________ vitamin C.
- After the birth of her little brother, Sophie was shocked to find that she was no longer the _______________ object of her parents’ affection.
- It has taken my family a long time to _______________ to the cold of Canada.
- The better your English language skills, the more you are able to talk about difficult _______________.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.