Manipulate – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Manipulate: (Verb) /məˈnɪp.jə.leɪt/
To make someone think and behave exactly as you want them to, by skillfully deceiving or influencing them.
Influence, Impact, Effect.
For IELTS Speaking:
” My leader was one of those men who manipulated people.”
“You have the constant feeling you are being manipulated.“
For IELTS Writing:
” The thought that any parent would manipulate their child into seeking fame just appalled people.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: commodity, thereby, restoring, currency, appreciate, widespread, practitioners, manipulated, eventual, implicit.
- Coffee is the world trading system’s second most valuable legal _______________ after oil.
- I really _______________ all the help you’ve given us.
- He made his fortune _______________ old character houses and then selling them at a huge profit.
- A convention of medical _______________ was held to discuss new developments in the treatment of HIV.
- The Japanese monster Godzilla can fly by firing a blast of energy from his mouth, _______________ projecting himself backwards through space.
- The _______________ goal of the recent talks between North and South Korea is the reunification of the country.
- Mickey Mouse gained _______________ popularity soon after he appeared in a short cartoon entitled “Steamboat Willy”.
- European countries now share a common _______________ known as the euro.
- The problem with statistics is that they can often be _______________ in such a way as to support whatever argument one wants.
- We have _______________ faith in the doctor’s ability to take care of our son.