Metamorphosis – Word Of The Day For IELTS
Metamorphosis – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Metamorphosis: (Noun) /ˌmetəˈmɔːrfəsɪs/
a process in which something changes completely into something very different
Transformation, Evolution, Conversion
With verb: Undergo
For IELTS Speaking:.
“Within the chrysalis the insect undergoes complete metamorphosis.”
“Those lacking confidence in their own scientific skills and knowledge, are undergoing a metamorphosis with a 20-day course at Teesside Polytechnic.”
“When this imperceptible metamorphosis took place, it would not be long before another marriage was arranged.”
For IELTS Writing:
“Books and movies appear to be undergoing the same kind of metamorphosis worldwide that is transforming the music business.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: intervene, voluntary, simulated, dispose, file, chemical, priority, thesis, hierarchy, metamorphosis.
- I don’t like to work overtime because my number one _______________ in life is to spend time with my children.
- It took me some time to undergo the _____________ from teacher to lecturer.
- Nuclear power plants produce a lot of dangerous waste that they continually need to _______________ of.
- Abraham Maslow defined a _______________ of needs which motivate man’s behaviour.
- He did an analysis of the way children learn language for his Master’s _______________.
- At least 100,000 different _______________ reactions occur in the normal human brain every second.
- The government has so far refused to _______________ in the transit strike.
- Could you please _______________ these documents for me?
- Using virtual reality, doctors can experiment with new procedures on _______________ patients.
- The muscles make _______________ or in_______________ movement of the body possible.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.Me