Migrate – Word Of The Day For IELTS
Migrate – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Migrate: (Verb) /ˈmaɪɡreɪt/
to go to live in another area or country
With nouns: Area, Bird, Cell, People
For IELTS Speaking:.
“For capital, an alternative to migrating to cheap labour areas is to attract cheap, relatively disposable, migrant labour.”
“Then it was starting to be winter and getting cold and it was getting time for the bird to migrate South.”
“Some cells migrate beneath the future skin and will give rise to pigment cells.”
For IELTS Writing:
“The condition of insecurity which often prompts people to migrate to towns means that urban growth occurs under highly unfavourable circumstances.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: nuances, migrated, feral, rash, appease, erudite, demure, callous, nadir, impudent
- The small fishing village was full of _______ cats.
- The company showed _________ disregard for the safety of their employees.
- The attempted to ___________ international opposition by promising to hold talks.
- On 4 October 1406, when Henry’s government was at its _____________, he finally became keeper of the Privy Seal.
- Stay where you are and don’t do anything ___________ — I’ll be over in five minutes.
- Scientists now understand the subtle ____________ of its genetic machinery.
- I swim here with Byron because I dread to swim alone, and tolerate all his _______________ remarks.
- Many children with verbal processing difficulty go on to be-come gifted interpreters of literature or become _____________ in philosophy or social sciences.
- She looked almost __________, she thought disparagingly, glaring at her reflection as if her dilemma were all the mirror’s fault.
- Between 1900 and 1910, more people ______________ to the United States than in the entire second half of the nineteenth century.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.