Mundane – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Mundane: (Adjective) /mʌnˈdeɪn/
- Improve Your Vocabulary in IELTS Speaking & Writing – Key Word: Thing
- Boost Your Lexical Resource – Key Word: Rule
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: promise
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: Belief
- Boost Your IELTS Score with Collocations – Key Word: report
ordinary and not interesting or exciting
Boring, Tedious, Monotonous
With noun: Mundane matter/ task
For IELTS Speaking:.
“Yet they put this knowledge to good advantage, both officially and in more mundane matters.”
“According to testimony, Rosen was recorded without his knowledge while talking with a female client about mundane matters.”
“The objects we use to do these mundane tasks each day reveal the inner secrets of domestic life.”
For IELTS Writing:
“Honeysett’s cartoons reflect the mundane uses that an ill-educated public might put new technology to.”
Match the word below to complete these sentences.
palatial, salvation, lithe, mundane, rainfall, testing
- EWe tidied up our rooms and cleaned the kitchens, dragging out the …………………. tasks so that we could stay in the warm.
- She lives in a ………………….. New York apartment.
- Below-normal ………………. has led to a major water shortage.
- The beasts of the field, pedigree or otherwise, were included by the Bible in the plan of ……………..
- However, local ………………. programmes can give information on individual schools.
- He dashed across the puddles in the courtyard, ……….. and athletic
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- English Collocations in Use – Intermediate (Ebook) - May 26, 2017
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!