Nadir – Word Of The Day For IELTS
Nadir – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Nadir: (Noun) /ˈneɪdɪr/
the time when a situation is at its worst
Bottom, Base, Low point
With verb: Reach nadir
For IELTS Speaking:.
“The tsar’s fortunes had reached their nadir.”
“If the field continues to decay at its present rate, it will reach its nadir in some 1, 200 years.”
For IELTS Writing:
“On 4 October 1406, when Henry’s government was at its nadir, he finally became keeper of the Privy Seal.”
Match the word below to complete these sentences.
property, sweeping, nonentity, phoneme, nominal, retrial
- At its nadir in 1983, the Alameda colony had only 3 nesting pairs.
- The Earth is a _______________ planet which has been forever changing throughout time.
- People in this generation need to be able to _______________ to change quickly because of the dynamic nature of technological change in modern society.
- I like to remind my ESL students that the vocabulary we learn is never _______________: there is always another meaning, another part of speech, another thing we can learn from a new word.
- The genetic material of humans and chimpanzees is 98% _______________
- Fatima and Oscar make a lovely _______________.
- There are over 200 satellites orbiting Earth _______________ for the purpose of private communications services, such as pagers, telephones, and computers.
- Beach fires are _______________ during the summer months due to the fire hazard.
- He injured himself while hiking in an _______________ area of the province and died because he couldn’t get the proper medical care in time.
- American bartenders say they hear more complaints about work than any other _______________.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.