Overdo – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Overdo: (Verb) /əʊvəˈduː/
to do something more than is suitable or natural
Overuse, Overplay, Exaggerate
For IELTS Speaking:.
“Use a few drawing and photographs, but don’t overdo it.”
“Analyst believe that worries about the economy are overdone.”
For IELTS Writing:
“Autumnal eyes are bold, obvious, slightly overdone, in deep, dark colours.”
Match these words and phrases with word below : gradually, recover, pace, overdoing, briskly, regular, recommendation, alternate.
- in a fixed pattern __________
- quickly _____________
- little by little __________
- a strong suggestion ________________
- speed _____________
- doing something to excess _____________
- get better _______________
- every second one _____________
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.