Perceive – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Perceive: (Verb) /pəˈsiːv/
(formal) to notice, see, or recognise something
Consider, View, Regard
With adverb: as/ often/ widely perceive
With noun: perceive need/ object/ people/ problem/ threat/ world
For IELTS Speaking:
“He perceived that there was no other way out of the crisis.”
“Cats are not able to perceive colour.”
For IELTS Writing:
“This exchange of energy explains how we perceive the world.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: designing, range, items, perceive, conducting, restricted, administered, final, chapter, survey.
- The government is _______________ tests of a drug that may prove useful in the fight against AIDS.
- During the experiment, the drug was _______________ to a monkey, and the results were studied.
- There is a wide _______________ of abilities in our tennis club, from absolute beginners to those who have played professionally.
- Children do not always _______________ the relationship between success and effort in the things they do.
- All the students were dressed up for the _______________ banquet.
- She is currently working on _______________ a new publicity campaign for the local department store.
- I read the first _______________ of the book last night, and it seems pretty good.
- You should make up a list of the _______________ you want to take with you on your trip.
- Traffic in these lanes is _______________ to vehicles with 3 or more passengers.
- A recent telephone _______________ of over 1,000 households revealed that over 70% of Canadian families now recycle.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.