Perceive – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Perceive: (Verb) /pəˈsiːv/
- Improve Your Vocabulary in IELTS Speaking & Writing – Key Word: Thing
- Boost Your Lexical Resource – Key Word: Rule
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: promise
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: Belief
- Boost Your IELTS Score with Collocations – Key Word: report
(formal) to notice, see, or recognise something
Consider, View, Regard
With adverb: as/ often/ widely perceive
With noun: perceive need/ object/ people/ problem/ threat/ world
For IELTS Speaking:
“He perceived that there was no other way out of the crisis.”
“Cats are not able to perceive colour.”
For IELTS Writing:
“This exchange of energy explains how we perceive the world.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: designing, range, items, perceive, conducting, restricted, administered, final, chapter, survey.
- The government is _______________ tests of a drug that may prove useful in the fight against AIDS.
- During the experiment, the drug was _______________ to a monkey, and the results were studied.
- There is a wide _______________ of abilities in our tennis club, from absolute beginners to those who have played professionally.
- Children do not always _______________ the relationship between success and effort in the things they do.
- All the students were dressed up for the _______________ banquet.
- She is currently working on _______________ a new publicity campaign for the local department store.
- I read the first _______________ of the book last night, and it seems pretty good.
- You should make up a list of the _______________ you want to take with you on your trip.
- Traffic in these lanes is _______________ to vehicles with 3 or more passengers.
- A recent telephone _______________ of over 1,000 households revealed that over 70% of Canadian families now recycle.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- English Collocations in Use – Intermediate (Ebook) - May 26, 2017
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017