Postulate – Word Of The Day For IELTS
Postulate – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Postulate: (Verb) /ˈpɑːstʃəleɪt/
To suggest that something might have happened or be true
Hypothesize, Theorize, Assume
For IELTS Speaking:
“Darwin postulated the modern theory of evolution.”
“Again, inhibition of suppressor cell activity was postulated to be responsible.”
“I agree with Mr. Park that in the case postulated the will would have been validly executed.”
For IELTS Writing:
“Enlightenment philosophers postulated a social contract to which rational, independent men could be expected to agree.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: processed, reoccur, postulated, evidence, constitutional, issuing, unidentifiable, sector, derives, assumptions.
- It has been further _____________ that pouchitis represents a recurrence of ulcerative colitis in reservoirs with colonic metaplasia.
- The body of the person killed in the fire was so badly burned that it was _______________.
- The union is _______________ notices that there may be a strike as early as next week.
- Unless safety procedures are improved immediately, an accident could easily _______________.
- Tourism has been the biggest growth _______________ in the Greek economy since the 1970s.
- The president has resigned, and the country is in the middle of a _______________ crisis.
- A large percentage of the population of Paraguay _______________ their living from agricultural activity.
- There is some _______________ that a diet high in broccoli and cabbage reduces a woman’s risk for breast cancer.
- The data can be _______________ by computer in a matter of seconds.
- We shouldn’t make any _______________ until we have heard from everyone involved in the incident.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.