Prestige – Word Of The Day For IELTS
Prestige – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Prestige: (Noun) /preˈstiːʒ/
The respect and admiration that someone or something gets because of their success or important position in society
Reputation, Standing, Stature
With adjective: great/ high/ international/ personal/ social prestige
With verb: carry/ enhance/ enjoy/ gain/ lose prestige
For IELTS Speaking:
“Traditionally, public university degrees have carried far greater social prestige.”
“Other forms of information are required for the purposes of international prestige.”
“To present his policy to the outside world and defuse opposition to it, he made brilliant use of his personal prestige.”
For IELTS Writing:
“Over a million square feet of prestige industrial and commercial premises under construction or being planned.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: function, consist, estimate, prestige, involves, proceed, structure, assess, define, section.
- The test will _______________ of a series of true or false questions and two essay questions.
- The traditional family _______________ has undergone a great many changes in the last few decades, due to the increase in the divorce rate.
- The grammar notes appear in the back _______________ of the book.
- Attention passengers on flight 514 to Honolulu. Please _______________ to gate 33 where your plane is now boarding.
- Economic reward, political power and social _____________ all flow from the structure of classes.
- We will use the first week of classes to _______________ your speaking ability.
- Nick’s job as a salesman _______________ a lot of travelling around the province.
- The _______________ of the heart is to pump blood throughout the body.
- His _______________ for the renovations to our house was $2,250.
- It can be quite difficult to clearly _______________ abstract ideas such as love or friendship.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.
Post your Comments