Principle – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Principle: (Noun) /ˈprɪnsɪp(ə)l/
The basic idea that a plan or system is based on
Assumption, Precept, Doctrine
With adjective: basic/ democratic/ fundamental/ general/ guiding/ important/ legal/ moral principle
With verb: accept/ adhere/ agree/ apply/ based/ establish/ follow/ guide/ stick/ understand principle
With preposition: principle of/that/behind
For IELTS Speaking:
“The project worked on the principle that each person’s experience was equally valuable.”
“Reflexology is based on the principle that specific areas on the feet correspond to different parts of the body.”
For IELTS Writing:
“The general principle is that education should be available to all children up to the age of 16.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: interpret, specific, data, formulas, principles, concept, major, area, role, establish.
- The _______________ of an arranged marriage is almost totally unknown in this country.
- The police have not yet been able to _______________ the cause of death for a man who was found floating in the river.
- The country covers a total _______________ of over 1,725 square kilometres.
- Jefferson has a largely defensive _______________ to play on the team, and is not known for scoring.
- We need an accountant to _______________ our financial statements.
- Under the Soviet system, the economy of Georgia was run on socialist _______________, such as public ownership of the means of production.
- Gasoline has no _______________ freezing point; it freezes at any temperature between -180 and -240 degrees Fahrenheit.
- We had to memorize about 20 different _______________ for the math test.
- The world’s _______________ rainforests are located in South and Central America, and in South-east Asia.
- Heinrich W. Brandes made the first weather map in 1815, based on _______________ gathered in 1783.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.