Proceed – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Proceed: (Verb) /prəˈsiːd/
- Improve Your Vocabulary in IELTS Speaking & Writing – Key Word: Thing
- Boost Your Lexical Resource – Key Word: Rule
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: promise
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: Belief
- Boost Your IELTS Score with Collocations – Key Word: report
To continue to do something that has already been planned or started
Go ahead, Continue, Go on, Progress
With adverb: along/ as/ before/ directly/ further/ slowly/ then proceed
With verb: allow/ wish/ intend/ decide to proceed
With preposition: proceed to/towards/into
For IELTS Speaking:
“The government was determined to proceed with the election.”
“The question is not whether countries should proceed along some abstract preordained development path.”
For IELTS Writing:
“The goal of policy, nevertheless, must be to be able to proceed as if the violence were a separate matter.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: function, consist, estimate, method, involves, proceed, structure, assess, define, section.
- The test will _______________ of a series of true or false questions and two essay questions.
- The traditional family _______________ has undergone a great many changes in the last few decades, due to the increase in the divorce rate.
- The grammar notes appear in the back _______________ of the book.
- Attention passengers on flight 514 to Honolulu. Please _______________ to gate 33 where your plane is now boarding.
- I don’t think hitting children is a very effective _______________ of teaching them anything.
- We will use the first week of classes to _______________ your speaking ability.
- Nick’s job as a salesman _______________ a lot of travelling around the province.
- The _______________ of the heart is to pump blood throughout the body.
- His _______________ for the renovations to our house was $2,250.
- It can be quite difficult to clearly _______________ abstract ideas such as love or friendship.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- English Collocations in Use – Intermediate (Ebook) - May 26, 2017
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!