Proceed – Word Of The Day For IELTS
Proceed – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Proceed: (Verb) /prəˈsiːd/
To continue to do something that has already been planned or started
Go ahead, Continue, Go on, Progress
With adverb: along/ as/ before/ directly/ further/ slowly/ then proceed
With verb: allow/ wish/ intend/ decide to proceed
With preposition: proceed to/towards/into
For IELTS Speaking:
“The government was determined to proceed with the election.”
“The question is not whether countries should proceed along some abstract preordained development path.”
For IELTS Writing:
“The goal of policy, nevertheless, must be to be able to proceed as if the violence were a separate matter.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: function, consist, estimate, method, involves, proceed, structure, assess, define, section.
- The test will _______________ of a series of true or false questions and two essay questions.
- The traditional family _______________ has undergone a great many changes in the last few decades, due to the increase in the divorce rate.
- The grammar notes appear in the back _______________ of the book.
- Attention passengers on flight 514 to Honolulu. Please _______________ to gate 33 where your plane is now boarding.
- I don’t think hitting children is a very effective _______________ of teaching them anything.
- We will use the first week of classes to _______________ your speaking ability.
- Nick’s job as a salesman _______________ a lot of travelling around the province.
- The _______________ of the heart is to pump blood throughout the body.
- His _______________ for the renovations to our house was $2,250.
- It can be quite difficult to clearly _______________ abstract ideas such as love or friendship.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.