Prohibit – Word Of The Day For IELTS
Prohibit – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Prohibit: (Verb) /prəˈhɪb.ɪt/
to say that an action is illegal or not allowed.
Ban, Forbid, Block, Outlaw
For IELTS Speaking:
“California law prohibits housing discrimination based on marital status.”
“Army regulations prohibit public displays of affection by soldiers, and private hideaways are hard to come by.
For IELTS Writing:
“Finally, some states prohibit superintendents from participation in a bargaining unit with teachers.”
1. During the _______________ period of the Mayan civilization, the great city of Tikal thrived in dense lowland jungle of what is now part of Guatemala.
- The Earth is a _______________ planet which has been forever changing throughout time.
- People in this generation need to be able to _______________ to change quickly because of the dynamic nature of technological change in modern society.
- I like to remind my ESL students that the vocabulary we learn is never _______________: there is always another meaning, another part of speech, another thing we can learn from a new word.
- The genetic material of humans and chimpanzees is 98% _______________.
- Fatima and Oscar make a lovely _______________.
- There are over 200 satellites orbiting Earth _______________ for the purpose of private communications services, such as pagers, telephones, and computers.
- Beach fires are _______________ during the summer months due to the fire hazard.
- He injured himself while hiking in an _______________ area of the province and died because he couldn’t get the proper medical care in time.
- American bartenders say they hear more complaints about work than any other _______________.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.
Post your Comments