Prudent – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking & Writing
Prudent /ˈpruːdnt/ (a): sensible and careful when you make judgements and decisions; avoiding unnecessary risks
Synonyms: wise, judicious, advisable
Antonyms: unwise, reckless, inadvisable, imprudent
- Tom proves to be an extremely prudent businessman with his healthy investment portfolio, which has brought him millions of dollars each year.
- She though it would be prudent to tell him the truth before someone else did.
- Instead of raising your voice, it’s more prudent to sharpen your arguments.
Do you like to plan or set goals for yourself?
To be honest, I didn’t have a habit of making plans or keeping track of my daily activities or what I was supposed to do, which, admittedly, did more harm than good. Since I am kind of absent-minded and unorganized, I think it would be more prudent if I could make a to-do list and strictly follow my schedule. Therefore, about a year ago, I decided to live and work more productively and beat procrastination by starting keeping a journal on basically everything I feel necessary as well as a planner to monitor the next steps I have to take to attain my goals.
- Have a habit of doing something
- Do more harm than good (idiom): to be damaging and not helpful
- Absent-minded (a): tending to forget things, perhaps because you are not thinking about what is around you, but about something else
- Unorganized (a): not having been organized
- Procrastination (n): the act of delaying something that you should do, usually because you do not want to do it
- Attain (v): to succeed in getting something, usually after a lot of effort
Latest posts by Alessa (see all)
- State-Of-The-Art – Word Of The Day For IELTS - April 27, 2017
- Aggravate – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking & Writing - March 17, 2017
- Bring Something To Bear – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - March 17, 2017
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!