Reaffirm – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Reaffirm /ˌriːəˈfɜːm/ (Verb)
- Improve Your Vocabulary in IELTS Speaking & Writing – Key Word: Thing
- Boost Your Lexical Resource – Key Word: Rule
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: promise
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: Belief
- Boost Your IELTS Score with Collocations – Key Word: report
to formally state an opinion, belief, or intention again, especially when someone has questioned you or expressed a doubt
- The party reaffirmed its commitment to nuclear disarmament.
- The government has reaffirmed that education is a top priority.
- Teachers reaffirm their commitment to their pupils and schools.
- The participating States reaffirm that freedom of expression is a human right and a basic component of a democratic society.
Try to use this word “reaffirm” in your speech
Describe a time that you and your friend had a disagreement.
You should say:
- When this happened
- Who you disagreed with
- What you and your friend argued about
and if you two solved the disagreement in the end.
Well, recently I had a disagreement with one of my close friends. We were planning a long travel to the South several days later, but we were not sure how many people went there together. I suggested that we just went on the trip with two or three people together because it would be very difficult to organise the trip to meet different people’s needs. But my friend insisted that we should go with a group of people because it would be more fun and secure. I admitted his opinion was reasonable but didn’t want to compromise as I didn’t want to take a risk to plan everything for so many people in such unfamiliar place, and I thought he didn’t care.
Ultimately, after the endless disagreement and even quarrels, I found myself couldn’t express myself well and became more and more frustrated and less effective at explaining my feelings. So I left him that day without any results. The next day, after I calmed down again, I sent him a text message to tell him what I was concerning, attempting to reaffirm my opinion without angry or overly emotional exchanges. Finally, he replied to me that he understood my consideration now, and agreed with my plan.
- Quarrels: an angry argument or disagreement
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!