Refinement – Word of the Day for IELTS Speaking and Writing
Refinement : (Noun) /rɪˈfaɪn.mənt/
An improvement, usually a small one, to something.
With adjective: considerable/great/extra/further/continuous/endless/useful/technical/modern refinement.
With verb: need/require/add/introduce refinement.
For IELTS Speaking :
“The technology requires a great deal of refinement.”
“A greater refinement of the categorization is possible.”
For IELTS Writing :
“Aims are necessary starting points, but before the teacher can begin to provide learning experiences further refinement is essential.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank : overlapped, scenarios, refinements, temporary, confine, distortion, ceaselessly, mediate, analogies, inherent.
- He is very traditional in his thinking and believes that women should __________ themselves to housework and child-raising.
- The human body __________ adapts to the constant changes that take place in its environment.
- ESL students often try to draw __________ between English and their mother tongue, but it is not always possible.
- Stress is an __________ part of life, with both positive and negative consequences.
- The bike path is closed for a __________ period so that repairs can be made to the asphalt.
- I love the __________ on the guitar in that song; it sounds so cool!
- The Smiths used a marriage counsellor to __________ their separation and were able to settle things without any major problems.
- Scientists are studying various abrupt climate change __________ to assess their impact on our planet.
- The two programs __________, so students in the first program had to miss the first few days of classes in the second program because of final exams.
- Recent __________ to the software appear to have removed the bugs that were causing problems.