Reinforce – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Reinforce: (Verb) /ˌriː.ɪnˈfɔːs/
To give support to an opinion, idea or feeling, and make it stronger.
Support, bolster, build up.
For IELTS Speaking:
“The pockets on my jeans are reinforced with double stitching.”
“He used hand gestures to reinforce what he was saying.”
For IELTS Writing:
“Caring for animals is not sentimentality – it reinforces our respect for life.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: crucial, appended, reinforced, highlighted, clarify, intense, theme, visually, dramatically, plus.
- Let me _______________ what I meant by putting it another way.
- The opposition leader’s speech _______________ the need for an increase in health care spending in our province.
- The media often _______________ stereotypes regarding minorities.
- There are over 20 pages of grammar notes _______________ to the dictionary.
- The number of young people starting smoking dropped _______________ when the government raised taxes on cigarettes by over 10%.
- The twin attributes of language and culture have been _______________ in enabling the human species to adapt to a wide range of conditions and environments.
- Peace is the dominant _______________ in Islam; peace with Allah, with one’s soul, with family and friends, and with all living creatures.
- Four people have died in the _______________ cold which has hit Southern Ontario and Quebec this past weekend.
- Crocodiles and alligators sometimes communicate _______________ through body language.
- The ability to speak a foreign language is a real _______________ in today’s job market.