Reiterate – Word Of The Day For IELTS
Reiterate – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Reiterate: (Verb) /riˈɪtəreɪt/
(formal) to repeat a statement or opinion in order to make your meaning as clear as possible
With noun: reiterate belief/ call/ commitment/ point/ view/ support
For IELTS Speaking:
“Graham came to San Francisco a week ago and reiterated his belief that homosexuality is a sin.”
“Responding, Airbus chief executive Noel Forgeard reiterated that the government loans were repayable.”
“The first principle reiterates a point made earlier: although they favoured reform rather than punishment, this was not for humanitarian reasons.”
For IELTS Writing:
“They subscribe to it not for reasons of caprice, but because eminent judicial authority has reiterated the notion over the years.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: designing, reiterated, items, perceive, conducting, restricted, administered, final, chapter, survey.
- The government is _______________ tests of a drug that may prove useful in the fight against AIDS.
- During the experiment, the drug was _______________ to a monkey, and the results were studied.
- Clinton _____________ his interest Thursday during an afternoon meeting with the mayors at the White House.
- Children do not always _______________ the relationship between success and effort in the things they do.
- All the students were dressed up for the _______________ banquet.
- She is currently working on _______________ a new publicity campaign for the local department store.
- I read the first _______________ of the book last night, and it seems pretty good.
- You should make up a list of the _______________ you want to take with you on your trip.
- Traffic in these lanes is _______________ to vehicles with 3 or more passengers.
- A recent telephone _______________ of over 1,000 households revealed that over 70% of Canadian families now recycle.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.