Repudiate – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking and Writing
Repudiate: (Verb) /rɪˈpjuːdieɪt/
to refuse to accept or continue with something
Reject, Abandon, Disavow
Repudiate the contract
For IELTS Speaking :
“The buyer did not repudiate the contract but pressed for early delivery.”
“No answer was offered by Freud about why men and women seem to repudiate the feminine.”
For IELTS Writing :
“The distinction is important because breach of a condition gives the other party the right to repudiate the contract and claim damages.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: conclusions, resourceful, cultural, purchased, featured, repudiated, strategically, participation, categorise, acquisition.
- Unfortunately, because of the delay, Major Anson _________ the contract to buy G-AECB.
- Keith Folse has observed that second language learners see _______________ of vocabulary as their greatest source of problems.
- The former U.S.S.R. was made up of 15 republics with strong _______________ differences.
- Luxembourg is _______________ located between France, Germany and Belgium.
- Brent and I both looked at the same information, but came up with very different _______________ about how to solve the problem.
- The students did an exercise in which they had to _______________ the new vocabulary according to the part of speech.
- Sherlock Holmes and Dr. John Watson were _______________ in four novels and 56 short stories written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
- My mom was an amazingly _______________ person who could make almost anything we kids needed while we were growing up.
- The first animal _______________ for the Lincoln Park Zoo in Chicago was a bear cub, bought for $10 in 1874.
- In 1920, the first meeting of the Council of the League of Nations took place in Paris, but without the _______________ of the United States.
Answer key :