Resident – Word Of The Day For IELTS
Resident – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Resident: (Noun) /ˈrɛzɪd(ə)nt/
Someone who lives or stays in a particular place
Citizen, Native, National, Inhabitant.
With adjective: elderly/ legal/ local/ longtime/ nearby/ new/ old/ permanent/ rural resident.
With noun: area/ city/ country resident.
For IELTS Speaking:
“Only several months more use of both products will determine which, if either, remains as a permanent resident.”
“The church should make more contact with new residents as soon as possible after their arrival.”
For IELTS Writing:
“Perhaps local authorities should thankfully accept this solution and turn their attention to the needs of non-dementing elderly residents and community services.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: achieve, obtained, computed, instituted, credit, residents, evaluated, assist, primary, site.
- If I can _______________ you in any way, please let me know.
- The government is looking for a _______________ on which to build a new school in this area.
- Firemen had to evacuate the elderly _______________ of a local nursing home after smoke was seen coming from one of the rooms.
- The English Program has _______________ many changes over the years in an attempt to provide an increasingly better program.
- Every employee’s work performance will be _______________ on a yearly basis.
- He _______________ a final mark of just over 80%.
- We have to give her a lot of _______________ for our success.
- The _______________ reason he has done so well at school is that he works incredibly hard.
- If you want to _______________ real progress in your speaking skills, you need to speak English as often as possible while you are here.
- The results of the poll have now been _______________, and will be distributed to the news media this afternoon.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.