Scenario – Word of the Day for IELTS Speaking and Writing
Scenario: (Noun) /sɪˈnɑː.ri.əʊ/
A situation that could possibly happen.
Plot, Scheme, Outline.
With adjective: alternative/different/ill/likely/plausible/possible/unlikely/whole scenario.
With noun: case/doomsday/nightmare scenario.
With verb: consider/create/follow/imagine/play scenario.
For IELTS Speaking :
“It is just an extension of on-the-road campaigning. Consider this scenario which I see consistently two or three times a year.”
“If this is true, the education secretary will be hoping for one of the following scenarios.”
For IELTS Writing :
“The downside of such excellent economic performance is that virtually any alternative scenario will represent a deterioration.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank : inherently, cessation, distortion, overlapping, analogous, temporarily, mediator, refinements, confinement, scenarios.
- In October of 1968, U.S. president Lyndon Johnson ordered the total _______________ of American bombing of North Vietnam.
- The latest safety _______________ make this Volvo the best family car available today.
- American military personnel are staging various terrorist _______________ in order to better prepare for possible future attacks
- The amount of _______________ on the radio depends on how strong the signal is.
- Driving a car is not _______________ dangerous even though thousands of people die in accidents each year.
- The union has been unable to reach a settlement with the administration, and has asked for the services of a well-known _______________.
- Tooth pain may go away _______________, but the problem will not go away until it is treated.
- Schools are organized like factories, and the educational process is _______________ to commodity production.
- Despite his years of _______________ in a prisoner-of-war camp, the old man always had a positive view of life.
- If you want to make a darkroom for developing your photos, you’ll need to put _______________ sheets of black paper on the window so that absolutely no light gets through.