Seek – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Seek: (Verb) /siːk/
(formal) to try to achieve or get something
Try, Looking for, Search
With noun: seek refuge/asylum/ shelter/ revenge/ damages/ compensation
For IELTS Speaking:
“Thousands of people crossed the border, seeking refuge from the war.”
“He sought revenge against Surkov for separating him from his wife and son.”
For IELTS Writing:
“It takes courage for parents to permit themselves to be vulnerable and seek psychological help.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: regulate, elements, constructed, seek, appropriate, traditions, maintain, impact, community, potential.
- Changes in the American economy generally have a serious _______________ on our economy here in Canada.
- Most immigrants to Canada try to preserve the culture and _______________ of their home country for their children.
- Water and salt both work to _______________ the water content of the body.
- People in this _______________ want to keep the area safe for children to play in..
- I don’t really think that it is _______________ to wear jeans to the office.
- The Great Wall of China was _______________ to keep out enemy invaders.
- There are 109 different _______________ in the Periodic Table in chemistry.
- Tian Hsu works hard to _______________ close friendships with the students she studied with in London.
- My great-grandfather came to Boston to _______________ his fortune in the early 1800s.
- Scientists are only beginning to recognize the _______________ benefits of using ocean tides as a source of endless, clean energy.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.