Superfluous – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Superfluous: (Adjective) /suːˈpɜːrfluəs/
more than is needed or wanted
Unnecessary, Excessive, Redundant
For IELTS Speaking:.
“We’re cutting out superfluous layers of managers.”
” I take issue with the view that district ethics committees are superfluous once central committees have approved a multicentre project.
For IELTS Writing:
“Loss of active swimming habits may have rendered the complex suture lines superfluous.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: thesis,superfluous, voluntarily, converted, priority, disposal, files, intervene, hierarchy, chemistry, stimulated.
- The boss was obliged to __________ in the dispute between the secretary and the receptionist because they weren’t getting any work done.
- My computer crashed, and I lost a bunch of important __________.
- The main __________ of this government is to get the economy back in good shape.
- New firefighters go through a series of __________ fires as part of their training.
- The hospital is responsible for the __________ of unneeded blood products.
- In March of 1995, the only Nigerian military ruler to have __________ handed over power to elected civilians was arrested.
- British society seems to have conserved a bit of the traditional class __________ which never really took hold over here in America.
- Her prof sent back her __________ with a few pages of recommendations for improvements.
- Pollution in our environment is actually changing the __________ of large bodies of water.
- During digestion, the starches and sugars in the food you eat are __________ to glucose, a sugar that your body uses for energy.
- Nature abhors the _____________, yet is constrained to produce the seemingly extravagant.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.