Suspension – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Suspension: (Noun) /səˈspenʃn/
The act of officially removing somebody from their job, school, team, etc. for a period of time, usually as a punishment
Delay, Interruption, Postponement.
With adjective: total | brief, temporary | lengthy, long | immediate | automatic suspension
With verb: impose, order, get, incur suspension
With preposition: under suspension, suspension from
For IELTS Speaking:
” Another caution will result in his automatic suspension from the final..”
“A five-week suspension was imposed on him.“
For IELTS Writing:
” Many movies require the viewer to engage in a willing suspension of disbelief.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: rigidities, format, protocol, vision, manual, suspension, devotions, behalf, incompatible, mutual.
- Canadian sprinter Ben Johnson received a lengthy __________ from international competition after testing positive for steroids at the Seoul Olympics.
- The environmental award was accepted by a grade 12 student on __________ of the school.
- Many game shows in countries around the world follow the same __________ as popular American game shows.
- Our Muslim students are permitted to leave class early on Fridays to practise their __________.
- Because of the church’s treatment of Galileo, many people suggest that religion is __________ with science.
- What exactly is the proper __________ for making a complaint against a professor at this university?
- Some analysts suggest that __________ in the labour and goods markets are to blame for Europe’s poor economic performance.
- __________ dependencies develop through the process of social interaction.
- After he fell while skating, he found that he was dizzy, and his __________ was blurred.
- I learned how to drive on a __________ transmission, so driving an automatic is easy for me.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.