Underestimate – Word Of The Day For IELTS
Underestimate – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Underestimate: (Verb) /ʌndərˈɛstɪmeɪt/
To think or guess that something is smaller, cheaper, easier etc than it really is
Underate, Undervalue, Belittle
With adverb: grossly/ never/ seriously underestimate
With noun: underestimate amount/ difficulty/ effect/ extent/ figures/ importance/ mistake/ number/ people/ power/ problem/ strength/ value
For IELTS Speaking:
“We underestimated how long it would take to get there”
“Never underestimate the power of self-motivation.”
For IELTS Writing:
“In particular, the role of language in the equation has been grossly underestimated.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: functional, consisted, underestimate, methodical, involvement, proceed, structural, assess, definition, sections.
- The power station should be fully _______________ by the end of the year.
- The boys’ suppers for the three days they went camping together _______________ of hamburgers, chocolate bars and potato chips.
- The government has said that construction of the factory will not be allowed to _______________ until changes are made to reduce the impact on the environment.
- The police have as yet no proof of his _______________ in the robbery.
- The building suffered significant _______________ damage during the earthquake.
- She is very slow and _______________ in her work, but she certainly does an excellent job.
- The company is required to do an _______________ of the environmental damage that would be done to the area before beginning the project.
- The island of Cyprus is divided into two _______________: Greek and Turkish.
- Research shows that people usually _______________ the amount of time it will take them to learn a second language.
- According to anthropologists, there appears to be a universal _______________ of human beauty.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.