Wingspan – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Wingspan: (Noun) /ˈwɪŋspæn/
The distance from the end of one wing to the end of the other
For IELTS Speaking:.
“His wingspan is huge and so is his shadow on the earth.”
“The other plane continued its turn its wingspan widening.”
“The plane had a wingspan of eighty feet and broke all records for altitude and range.”
For IELTS Writing:
“A small brownish butterfly with a lifespan of less than a week and a wingspan shorter than your little finger.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: concentrations, grant, parameters, wingspan. statistically, attitude, obviously, integrated, undertakes, projections.
- In February of 1996, Princess Diana of Wales announced that she would _______________ Prince Charles a divorce.
- This eight-engined monster is made of spruce and has a ____________ of almost 100 metres.
- She really changed her _______________ once she understood how the others felt.
- Emile Durkheim hypothesized that the more _______________ individuals are into their society, the less likely they are to kill themselves.
- She is _______________ in love with him; she stares at him all the time.
- The Serengeti National Park has among the greatest _______________ of wildlife on the African continent.
- A Dutch proverb notes that he who _______________ many things at once seldom does anything well.
- _______________, travelling by air is the safest means of transportation.
- The head office is responsible for defining the _______________ which guide policy decisions at the local level.
- Our sales _______________ for the next year anticipate a steady growth of at least 5%.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.Me