Word – Besotted
Besotted – Word of the Day
- Deeply infatuated
The word was first used in the late 16th century. Then, it meant “stupid” and “infatuated”.
- He was so besotted with her that he never realised how badly she treated him.
- The king was completely besotted with the idea of building a tower that rose till the heavens.
- Ross and Rachel were initially besotted with each other before Rachel started working with Mark.
- The lovers are always besotted with each other in the honeymoon phase of the relationship.
- John is so clearly besotted with Irene that he can’t notice her pathological lying.
- I was besotted with sneakers in middle school.
- Raphael got so besotted with Natalia that he used to daydream about her all day at the office. It started affecting his work.
- I was so besotted with the bottle that I had to go completely sober. Looking back, it was one of the best decisions I ever made.
- Laura was so besotted with Fabio that she never seemed to mind his cheating and his fits of rage when something was even slightly out of place.
- Move on, man. You’re besotted with a girl who’s out of your league and has a boyfriend. Nothing’s ever going to happen.