Obnoxious- Word of the day
odiously or disgustingly objectionable; highly offensive
Obnoxious is derived from the latin word ‘Obnoxiosus’ which basically means harmful or injurious.While the modern meaning is offensive, hateful and highly objectionable.
- Some of his colleagues say that he’s loud and obnoxious.
- When she’s in a bad mood she’s obnoxious to everyone.
- If you describe someone as obnoxious, you think that they are very unpleasant.
- One of the parents was an obnoxious character. No-one liked him.
- The people at my table were so obnoxious I simply had to change my seat
- The two men she worked for were brothers, both loud and obnoxious.