Ambiguous – Word of the Day for IELTS Speaking & Writing
- Improve Your Vocabulary in IELTS Speaking & Writing – Key Word: Thing
- Boost Your Lexical Resource – Key Word: Rule
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: promise
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: Belief
- Boost Your IELTS Score with Collocations – Key Word: report
Ambiguous (adjective) /æm´bigjuəs/
Meaning: Uncertain, vague, can be understand in more than a way
Synonyms: hazy, obscure, nebulous
Antonyms: explicit, unquestionable
- Highly/somewhat ambiguous
- An ambiguous concept
- Be ambiguously worded
For IELTS Speaking:
The plot is ambiguous, which contributes to the huge success of the movie.
For IELTS Writing:
The government is denounced due to its ambiguous laws.
The legislation was ambiguously worded.
Latest posts by Ba Nguyen (see all)
- Word Of The Day – Chronic - July 30, 2016
- Word Of The Day – Candid - July 29, 2016
- IELTS Accommodation Vocabulary: Useful Phrases & Expression In IELTS Speaking - July 28, 2016
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!