Proclivity – Word of the Day ( Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & IELTS Writing )
Proclivity (countable noun) /prəˈklɪvɪtɪ/
- Improve Your Vocabulary in IELTS Speaking & Writing – Key Word: Thing
- Boost Your Lexical Resource – Key Word: Rule
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: promise
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: Belief
- Boost Your IELTS Score with Collocations – Key Word: report
Meaning: natural tendency to do something or feel something, often something bad.
Synonym: Propensity, tendency, inclination
Collocation: show proclivity/ no proclivity + to/ towards/ for
Writing: Few parents have a proclivity to be indifferent to children education.
Speaking: Sara was often a target of bullies, because of her proclivity to wear unusual clothes.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- Recent IELTS Question in 2018 & Band 9 Model Answer - April 9, 2018
- Recent IELTS Essay Question in 2018 with Model Essay - April 6, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Part 2, 3 Topic: Interesting Conversation/ Speech & Sample Answers - April 5, 2018