Proclivity – Word of the Day ( Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & IELTS Writing )
Proclivity (countable noun) /prəˈklɪvɪtɪ/
- Improve Your Vocabulary in IELTS Speaking & Writing – Key Word: Thing
- Boost Your Lexical Resource – Key Word: Rule
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: promise
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: Belief
- Boost Your IELTS Score with Collocations – Key Word: report
Meaning: natural tendency to do something or feel something, often something bad.
Synonym: Propensity, tendency, inclination
Collocation: show proclivity/ no proclivity + to/ towards/ for
Writing: Few parents have a proclivity to be indifferent to children education.
Speaking: Sara was often a target of bullies, because of her proclivity to wear unusual clothes.
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!