Zealous – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Zealous: (Adjective) /ˈzeləs/
someone who is zealous does or supports something with great energy
Enthusiastic, Avid, Eager
Be zealous in (doing) something
For IELTS Speaking:
“Only the most zealous supporters of Thatcherism were in favour of the tax.”
“Some of the officers were more zealous than others in enforcing the disciplinary code.”
“He was always zealous in good works, always regular at worship and a key member of the church.”
For IELTS Writing:
“No zealous advocate of good citizenship would argue that political participation ought to be pursued to the neglect of all other obligations.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: consequences, commissioned, distinct, journalism, positive, focus, zealous, secure, affected, regions.
- Make sure you _______________ the boat with a good rope or it will float away.
- On November 3rd, 1507, the great Leonardo DaVinci was _______________ to paint the portrait that is known today as the Mona Lisa.
- We went on a wonderful tour of the wine-producing _______________ of British Columbia last summer.
- His outlook on life became much more _______________ once he found a job, and began getting a regular salary.
- The centre of the planet Earth is believed to consist of two _______________ parts, with a liquid outer core surrounding a solid inner core.
- The children were greatly _______________ by the divorce of their parents.
- If mankind fails to address the problem of pollution, future generations will face the terrible _______________ of our inaction.
- Sue is planning to study _______________, and hopes to become a television news reporter.
- My photos didn’t turn out very well. I think my hand must have been shaking a little bit because they’re all out of _______________.
- No one was more _____________ than Neli in supporting the proposal.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.