2017 IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: do you like to wear Hats & Sample Answers
- Do you like to wear hats or caps?
- What kind of hats do you have?/Which hat do you like?
- Where do you like to buy hats?
- Is wearing hats popular in your country?
1. Do you like to wear hats?
Although hats help shield your hair and face from direct sunlight, to be honest I don’t really like wearing hats daily. My hair is always a mess after I take them off. Instead of wearing hats, I think I prefer bringing an umbrella with me.
2. What kinds of hats do you have?/ Which hat do you like?
As I’ve mentioned, wearing hats is definitely not my daily style, so generally I don’t have any hats at home. There is the only type of hat I’m particularly fond of, which is baseball caps. This kind of hat can give me a sporty and strong look, you know.
3. Where do you like to buy hats?
Since there isn’t a good selection of hats at my local apparel store, I have to buy hats from specialty headware stores, or even online.
4. Is wearing hats popular in your country?
It’s not much sought after in my country where the motorbike is the most common means of transportation, and it is a must to wear a helmet whenever you ride a motorbike for safety. I think you can imagine how much uncomfortable it is to wear a hat under the helmet. Thus in most of the case, hats are for pedestrians and fashionista.
- Sought after (adj) in demand; generally desired
- Pedestrian (n) a person walking rather than travelling in a vehicle
- Fashionista (n) a person who dresses in fashion
See also :