Idiom – Make A Beeline For
Make A Beeline For – Idiom of the Day
To go quickly and directly towards someone or something.
The idiom ‘Make a Beeline For’ has been derived from the bees’ behavior, which rapidly flies in search of nectar and returns to their beehive.
Brother 1: Let’s make a beeline for the kitchen so that when mom comes, she will distribute the cake
Brother 2: Yeah, sure.
Students: Ma’am, take us to the 3D project room
Teacher: Okay, students, make a beeline for the 3D project room, so that we get to see it first.
Son: I am very excited about traveling to Ooty with my friends
Dad: Son, I can sense your excitement, but please be careful and make us a call when you reach your destination.
Son: Sure! Dad, I’d call you as soon as I reach
Dad: Son, Make sure you and your friends make a beeline for the bus and get on it.
Understand the Usage of the Idiom in the Sentences:
- When the employees heard the bonus scrapping, they made a beeline for the Manager’s office.
- When my mother and her friends heard about the sale, they made a beeline for the Big Bazaar.
- Sofia made a beeline for the buffet section as soon as the food arrived.
- They made a beeline for the backdoor when they reached the office.
- If the food is expensive here, make a beeline for the Baba’s hotel in the market.