Newfoundland and Labrador Immigration
Limited-Time Offer : Access a FREE 10-Day IELTS Study Plan!
- 1 What language/s do they speak in Newfoundland and Labrador?
Located in the easternmost part of Canada, this province consists of Labrador and the island of Newfoundland. Initially, it was a colony and later became a dominion of the United Kingdom. In 1933, it abandoned its independence as it had faced huge economic losses during the Great Depression and the First World War. Afterwards, Newfoundland became Canada’s 10th province on 31st March in 1949 and officially changed its name to Newfoundland and Labrador in 2001 by an amendment made to the constitution of Canada.
What language/s do they speak in Newfoundland and Labrador?
The official language in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador is English. While more than 95% of the population speaks in English, a certain number of people also speak French who are mostly located in the eastern and western regions of Labrador and on the extreme eastern and western regions of Newfoundland island. Other than English and French, a smaller proportion of people in Newfoundland also communicate in Irish and the extinct Beothuk language. In the same way, the indigenous languages like Innu-aimun and Inuktitut are also spoken in Labrador.
Why does “Newfoundland and Labrador” attract immigration from worldwide?
Apart from offering a low cost of living, exciting places and food to explore, this province also attracts immigrants for it has high-demand labour market vacancies, quality goods and services in the fields of information technology, food and accommodation, health care, and education.
Why is Immigration important for Newfoundland and Labrador?
The changes in population like low birth rate, decrease in the working youth community, increase in migration from Newfoundland area to other parts of Canada, has pointed out the fact that immigration is very crucial for the province to maintain a healthy, working population. Following are some of the reasons:
- Immigrants can contribute to the tax revenue needed by the government to continue with the social and economic programs.
- They can bring a new leash of experiences to the existing communities and develop an atmosphere conducive to creating a unique global network in Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Due to the variety of people from various backgrounds and cultures, workplaces can initiate new approaches to solving various challenges.
- Other than that, immigration also aids in attracting youth from different corners of the world with diverse perspectives, talents, and skills in order to solve the high median age in Canada (The aged working group is more than the youth working population due to declining fertility rates and rising life expectancy.).
Therefore, immigration offers an all round – economic, social, cultural and demographic – boost to the betterment of the Newfoundland and Labrador province of Canada.
Programs that help in immigration to Newfoundland and Labrador
There are seven different programs that can help one to migrate to Newfoundland and Labrador. They are:
- Express Entry Skilled Worker Category
- Skilled Worker Category
- International Graduate Category
- Priority Skills NL
- International Graduate Entrepreneur Category
- International Entrepreneur Category
- Atlantic Immigration Pilot
Let us discuss their purpose and requirements to get a clarity on which program to choose.
|PROGRAM||WHO CAN APPLY||REQUIREMENT|
|Express Entry Skilled Worker Category||Skilled labour with a work offer for a minimum of two years from an employer from Newfoundland and Labrador can apply for this particular program.||
|Skilled Worker Category||Skilled labour with an employment offer from a provincial employer or who are already working under provincial employer with a valid work permit can apply under this program.||
|International Graduate Category||For this program, the graduate students who can apply need to have either a job and valid post-graduate work permit (with at least 4 months of validity remaining) or an employment offer from a provincial employer in NOC 0, A or B, or in an NOC C occupation on the In-Demand Occupation list.||
|International Graduate Entrepreneur Category||To apply under this program, the person has to be an international graduate who has studied either in Memorial University in Newfoundland or College of the North Atlantic.||
|International Entrepreneur Category||People who have worked as Senior Managers or who are business owners and want to establish their business and live in the province can apply for this program.||
|Atlantic Immigration Pilot||The Atlantic Immigration Pilot
(AIP) was launched in 2017. It is a three-year immigration program that is ideal for those who are new to the area and have received employment offers from the Atlantic region.
|There are three programs under the AIP – Atlantic International Graduate Program, Atlantic High-Skilled Program and Atlantic Intermediate-Skilled Program.
Here are some general requirements for the three pilot programs:
|Priority Skills NL||The Priority Skills Newfoundland and Labrador is a new immigration program. It aims to attract highly educated and skilled immigrants with specialized experience in areas like technology and ocean sciences occupations.||
What are the documents needed for the Newfoundland Labrador PNP?
The documents needed for the Newfoundland Labrador imimgration process may vary as it depends on the program you are applying under. But there are few essential documents which one needs to have in order to apply for any of the programs. They are mentioned below:
- Valid passport
- Birth Certificate
- Language proficiency result
- Police Clearance certificate
- Educational Credential Assessment
- Dependent Children Information Certificate (in case one has a dependent child)
- Marriage certificate (In case one is accompanied by a spouse)
- Medical test results
- Proof of settlement funds
- Employment offer
- Settlement plan
- Proof of past work experience
These are some of the details on Newfoundland and Labrador Immigration. If you are thinking of relocating to Newfoundland and Labrador and receive more information, you can go through the IELTSMaterial.com website.