State-Of-The-Art – Word Of The Day For IELTS
/ˌsteɪt əv ði ˈɑːrt/ (a)
Definition: using the most modern or advanced techniques or methods; as good as it can be at the present time
Synonyms: modern, advanced, cutting-edge, ultramodern, progressive, up-to-the-minute
Antonyms: old-fashioned, conventional, traditional
- The government is spending an excessive amount of money on the production of state-of-the-art military equipment.
- The state-of-the-art museum is considered a prime place for the preservation of these Egyptian artifacts.
- The hospital is fully equipped with state-of-the-art facilities which will contribute greatly in the effects of medical treatments as well as the operation itself.
- The newly installed security system of my apartment building has incorporated the state-of-the-art face recognition technology as a result of several attempted burglaries in the last few months.
Excessive (a): greater than what seems reasonable or appropriate
Military equipment (n):
Contribute (v): to increase, improve or add to something
Prime (a): of the best quality; excellent
Preservation (n): the act of keeping something in its original state or in good condition
Artifact (n): an object that is made by a person, especially something of historical or cultural interest
Incorporate (v): to include something so that it forms a part of something
Attempted (a): (of a crime, etc.) that somebody has tried to do but without success
Burglary (n): the crime of entering a building illegally and stealing things from it
Where do you often go swimming in your city?
I have to admit living in an urban area has its perks, one of which is a variety of sports and entertainment facilities available. Swimming is the only sport I’m good at and I usually go to a local recreation center every weekend for swimming workouts. I’m totally in love with the amenities there since it offers a wide range of state-of-the-art fitness equipment at a reasonable price. As for swimming, it has a modern shower area as well as sauna and steam room for more thorough relaxation.
- Perk (n): special benefit that are given to people who have a particular job or belong to a particular group.
- Amenity (n): a feature that makes a place pleasant, comfortable or easy to live in
- Thorough (a): done very carefully and in a detailed way so that nothing is forgotten
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!