Tyro – Word of the day for IELTS Speaking & Writing
Tyro (noun) /ˈtaɪrəʊ/
Meaning: a beginner in learning anything; novice
- Improve Your Vocabulary in IELTS Speaking & Writing – Key Word: Thing
- Boost Your Lexical Resource – Key Word: Rule
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: promise
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: Belief
- Boost Your IELTS Score with Collocations – Key Word: report
Word Origin: , )
She is a tyro who has little experience of journalism.
I wondered from the start why such a smart young fellow should make himself out to be a mere tyro in computer technology.
I am a tyro at English; therefore, I often mispronounce long words which most native speakers of English have no problem with.
After 3 months digging in IELTS, I’m no longer a tyro at English and have achieved band 8.0 in IELTS.
At first, you may be a tyro at dancing. However, with a lot of practice and dedication, you will finally master it.
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (May – August) & Sample Answers - October 20, 2018
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!