Condemn – Word of the Day for IELTS Speaking & Writing
Condemn (Verb) /kən’dem/
- Improve Your Vocabulary in IELTS Speaking & Writing – Key Word: Thing
- Boost Your Lexical Resource – Key Word: Rule
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: promise
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: Belief
- Boost Your IELTS Score with Collocations – Key Word: report
Meaning: to express very strong disapproval of somebody/something, usually for moral reasons
- To strongly/roughly/publicly/openly condemn for (doing) something
- Be widely condemned
For IELTS Speaking: Tom has condemned me all day for not telling him the truth.
For IELTS Writing: A large number of people condemned the government for spending money on building more house in stead of investing in preserving the polluted local environment.
Keep polishing up your vocabulary for IELTS. You are guaranteed to get a high score in IELTS if you have a proper grasp of vocabulary because it makes up 25% of your mark in IELTS writing and speaking, and also plays an essential role in IELTS Listening & Writing.
Therefore, always keep an eye out for our daily post: Word of the Day for IELTS Speaking & Writing.
If you have any questions please let me know in the comments below or on the Facebook page.
The best way to keep up to date with posts like this is to like us on Facebook.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (January – April) & Sample Answers - October 20, 2018
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic: Art & Technology with Model Essay - May 30, 2018
- 15 IELTS Practice Tests (Book) - May 29, 2018