Chronic – Word of the Day for IELTS Speaking & Writing
Chronic (Adjective) /‘krɔnik/
- Improve Your Vocabulary in IELTS Speaking & Writing – Key Word: Thing
- Boost Your Lexical Resource – Key Word: Rule
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: promise
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: Belief
- Boost Your IELTS Score with Collocations – Key Word: report
Meaning: continuing a long time
Synonyms: persistent, unremitting, constant
Antonyms: sporadic, infrequent
- A chronic condition
- A chronic disease/pain
For IELTS Speaking: The company is facing a chronic shortage of employment.
For IELTS Writing: Due to unhealthy diet, a large number of people are prone to chronic health conditions such as obesity, heart disease and cancer.
Bear in mind that a proper grasp of vocabulary is especially important for the IELTS test because it makes up 25% of your mark in IELTS writing and speaking, and also plays an essential role in IELTS Listening & Writing.
Therefore, always keep an eye out for our daily post: Word of the Day for IELTS Speaking & Writing.
I hope you found this post useful. If you have any questions please let me know in the comments below or on the Facebook page.
The best way to keep up to date with posts like this is to like us on Facebook.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Ba Nguyen (see all)
- Word Of The Day – Chronic - July 30, 2016
- Word Of The Day – Candid - July 29, 2016
- IELTS Accommodation Vocabulary: Useful Phrases & Expression In IELTS Speaking - July 28, 2016