Scenario – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing.
Scenario: (Noun) /sɪˈnɑː.ri.əʊ/
A situation that could possibly happen.
Plot, Scheme, Outline.
With adjective: alternative/different/ill/likely/plausible/possible/unlikely/whole scenario.
With noun: case/doomsday/nightmare scenario.
With verb: consider/create/follow/imagine/play scenario.
For IELTS Speaking:
“It is just an extension of on-the-road campaigning. Consider this scenario which I see consistently two or three times a year.”
“If this is true, the education secretary will be hoping for one of the following scenarios.”
For IELTS Writing:
“The downside of such excellent economic performance is that virtually any alternative scenario will represent a deterioration.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: inherently, cessation, distortion, overlapping, analogous, temporarily, mediator, refinements, confinement, scenarios.
- In October of 1968, U.S. president Lyndon Johnson ordered the total _______________ of American bombing of North Vietnam.
- The latest safety _______________ make this Volvo the best family car available today.
- American military personnel are staging various terrorist _______________ in order to better prepare for possible future attacks
- The amount of _______________ on the radio depends on how strong the signal is.
- Driving a car is not _______________ dangerous even though thousands of people die in accidents each year.
- The union has been unable to reach a settlement with the administration, and has asked for the services of a well-known _______________.
- Tooth pain may go away _______________, but the problem will not go away until it is treated.
- Schools are organized like factories, and the educational process is _______________ to commodity production.
- Despite his years of _______________ in a prisoner-of-war camp, the old man always had a positive view of life.
- If you want to make a darkroom for developing your photos, you’ll need to put _______________ sheets of black paper on the window so that absolutely no light gets through.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017
- Snug As A Bug In A Rug – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 3, 2017