Chocolate: IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Sample Answer
- 1 Chocolate
- 1.1 Sample Answers:
- 1.1.1 1. Do you like chocolate?
- 1.1.2 2. What’s your favorite flavor?
- 1.1.3 3. How often do you eat chocolate?
- 1.1.4 4. When was the first time you ate chocolate?
- 1.1.5 5. Is chocolate popular in your country?
- 1.1.6 6. Is chocolate good for our health?
- 1.1.7 7. Do you think people use chocolate differently now than in the past?
- 1.1.8 8. Have you ever given chocolate as a present to someone? Why?
- 1.1.9 9. Do you like dessert?
- 1.2 Vocabulary
- 1.1 Sample Answers:
Check out the latest IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics & Questions to prepare for the IELTS test. You can also download a free PDF copy of the most common & recent topics & questions on this page: Topics For IELTS Speaking Part 1 And Suggested Answers
- Do you like chocolate?
- What’s your favorite flavor?
- How often do you eat chocolate?
- When was the first time you ate chocolate?
- Is chocolate popular in your country?
- Do you think people use chocolate differently now than in the past?
- Is chocolate good for our health?
- Have you ever given chocolate as a present to someone? Why?
- Do you like dessert?
1. Do you like chocolate?
Well, chocolate is my all-time favorite. After working my butt off all day long, I usually decompress with a chocolate bar.
2. What’s your favorite flavor?
To be honest, I’m addicted to chocolate, I do have my all-time favorite flavor, which is the white chocolate. Since I have a sweet tooth, dark chocolate would be too bitter for me. Meanwhile, milk chocolate just isn’t sweet enough. So white chocolate is just a perfect fit.
3. How often do you eat chocolate?
Well, although it’s quite pricey, I usually buy myself a box of hand-made dark Belgian chocolates when I receive my wages.
4. When was the first time you ate chocolate?
To the best of my recollection, it was 20 years ago when I ate chocolate for the first time. The 7-year-old me was over the moon/on cloud nine/deliriously happy when eating something that moreish. Now that my taste changed though, still I enjoy having some dark chocolate after working hard all day long.
5. Is chocolate popular in your country?
There are a variety of chocolate brands with different price range and quality available in the market nowadays. Thanks to the health benefits that it offers for human, consuming chocolate at a suitable level is encouraged. The sweetness of chocolate also makes it a common present that men choose to give their beloved women in special days, especially Valentine’s Day or International Women’s Day.
6. Is chocolate good for our health?
Scientifically, chocolate provides human a number of health benefits. Firstly, eating chocolate helps improve our mood and lift our spirits, even when we’re under pressure. Secondly, consuming chocolate at a reasonable amount is good for cardiovascular system. Interestingly, chocolate has been proved to contain antioxidants, which benefits women as well. However, if people have an over-consumption, it can pose a dire threat to their bone density.
7. Do you think people use chocolate differently now than in the past?
Well, I have never ever thought about it. However, I suppose that people living in this modern life prefer eating chocolate than their ancestors. In my country, the number of chocolate consumption is on the rise, especially in young consumers.
8. Have you ever given chocolate as a present to someone? Why?
Yes. The sweetness of chocolate also makes it a common present that people choose to give their beloved ones in special days, especially Valentine’s Day or International Women’s Day.
9. Do you like dessert?
I’d say I like dessert waaay more than I should! I usually eat dessert after dinner at least four to five times a week. I should either reduce that, or switch to healthier options.
- All-time favorite (noun): favorite of all choices, during all times
- working my butt off (idiom): work really hard
- Decompress (verb): sit down and chill
- All day long (phrase): throughout the day
- To have a sweet tooth (n): to like sweet foods
- Moreish (adj): delicious
- Cardiovascular system (n): The system that circulates blood and lymph through the body, consisting of the heart, blood vessels, blood, lymph, and the lymphatic vessels and glands
- To benefit (v): to provide advantages to SO
- Antioxidant (n): a substance such as vitamin C or E that removes potentially damaging oxidizing agents in a living organism.
Found this useful? Then you will also like: