Topic: Water Sports
What kinds of water sports do you know?
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topic in 2017 – Describe a shop just opened in your hometown
- IELTS Speaking Practice Test 4 in 2019 & Model Answers
- IELTS Speaking Test in the US – July 2018 & Model Answers with Audio
- IELTS Speaking Part 3 Topic: Foreign Language & Sample Answers
- IELTS Speaking Part 2, 3 Topic: Interesting Conversation/ Speech & Sample Answers
I think most people know swimming and diving. In recent years snorkelling and scuba-diving have also become popular, as people want to see the undersea world. Water ballet is something I enjoy watching because every dance is coordinated so well, and the aesthetics are striking.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of water sports?
One obvious advantage is that you don’t feel sweaty, being in water all the time. Also, I’ve heard that water sports are very good because they don’t hurt your muscles. The biggest disadvantage would be that you must know how to swim, which is not easy to learn for many. And there’s always the risk of drowning. Even those who swim well can be in danger if they have cramps.