A fully updated edition of the best-selling Cambridge Advanced Learner’s Dictionary.
This paperback edition is ideal for advanced (C1-C2) learners of English and contains up-to-date vocabulary, including words from the areas of technology, media, language, society, and lifestyle, plus important words for academic study. With over 140,000 words, phrases, meanings, and examples, hundreds of pictures and illustrations, clear definitions and a new ‘Focus on Writing’ section, the dictionary is perfect as a reference tool and as a study companion. Informed by the Cambridge International Corpus and correlated to English Vocabulary Profile, it is also ideal for exam preparation. The CD-ROM contains the complete dictionary and recordings in British and American English.
Cambridge Advanced Learner’s Dictionary
The Cambridge Advanced Learner’s Dictionary was published in the year 1995, it was by the name Cambridge International Dictionary of English previously. It can be perfect as a reference tool for study, it consists of about 1,40,000 words, phrases, and meanings. During 1999 Cambridge Dictionaries were offered free online. Now the Cambridge dictionary is still growing. You can also download the Cambridge English Dictionary App in order to get a better experience in learning.
- Ideal for IELTS and Cambridge English: First, Advanced and Proficiency Exam Preparation
- Up-to-date vocabulary includes words from the areas of technology, media, language, society, and lifestyle, plus important words for academic study
- Focus on Writing sections with all the essential aspects of academic, formal and informal writing
- Learners’ error information shows the most common errors made by learners of English so that you can avoid making the same mistakes
- English Vocabulary Profile correction shows which words and meanings are known by learners at what level, so you can prioritize your vocabulary learning