A fully updated edition of the best-selling Cambridge Advanced Learner’s Dictionary.
This paperback edition is ideal for advanced (C1-C2) learners of English and contains up-to-date vocabulary, including words from the areas of technology, media, language, society, and lifestyle, plus important words for academic study. With over 140,000 words, phrases, meanings, and examples, hundreds of pictures and illustrations, clear definitions and a new ‘Focus on Writing’ section, the dictionary is perfect as a reference tool and as a study companion. As informed by the Cambridge International Corpus and correlated to the English Vocabulary Profile, it is also ideal for exam preparation. The CD-ROM contains the complete dictionary and recordings in British and American English.
Check for Free IELTS Book
Cambridge Advanced Learner’s Dictionary
The ‘Cambridge Advanced Learner’s Dictionary’ was first published in the year 1995, by the name Cambridge International Dictionary of English. It can be perfect as a reference tool for study, as it consists of about 1,40,000 words, phrases, and meanings. Now the Cambridge dictionary is still growing and you can also download the Cambridge English Dictionary App in order to get a better experience in learning.
- Ideal for IELTS and Cambridge English: First, Advanced and Proficiency Exam Preparation.
- Up-to-date vocabulary includes words from the areas of technology, media, language, society, and lifestyle, plus important words for academic study.
- Focuses on Writing sections with all the essential aspects of academic, formal and informal writing.
- Learners’ error information shows the most common errors made by learners of English so that you can avoid making the same mistakes.
- English Vocabulary Profile correction shows which words and meanings are known by learners at what level, so you can prioritize your vocabulary learning.