Cambridge IELTS 11 provides students with an excellent opportunity to familiarise themselves with IELTS and to practise examination techniques using authentic test material. You can choose an edition containing either four complete tests for Academic or for General Training module. An introduction to these different modules is included in each book, together with with an explanation of the scoring system used by Cambridge English Language Assessment. A comprehensive section of answers and tapescripts makes the material ideal for students working partly or entirely on their own. These tests are also available separately for purchase online from Testbank.org.uk
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 13) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio
- IELTS Success Formula For Academic & General Training Module (Book)
- New Insight into IELTS with Answers (PDF & Audio)
- Cambridge Practice Tests For IELTS Series (1 – 13) Self-Study Student’s Book With CD
- 15 IELTS Practice Tests (Book)
Free Sample For Reading:
SECTION 1 Questions 1–14
Read the text below and answer Questions 1–5.
Is Your Child at School Today?
School Attendance Information for Parents/Carers
Receiving a good full-time education will give your child the best possible start in life. Attending school regularly and punctually is essential if children are to make the most of the opportunities available to them. The law says that parents must ensure that their child regularly attends the school where he/she is registered.
What you can do to help
- Make sure your child arrives at school on time. This encourages habits of good timekeeping and lessens any possible classroom disruption. If your child arrives after the register has closed without a good reason, this will be recorded as an ‘unauthorised’ absence for that session.
- If your child has to miss school it is vital that you let the school know why, preferably on the first morning of absence. (Your child’s school will have an attendance policy explaining how this should be done.)
- If you know or think that your child is having difficulties attending school you should contact the school. It is better to do this sooner rather than later, as most problems can be dealt with very quickly.
Authorised and Unauthorised Absence
If your child is absent and the school either does not receive an explanation from you, or considers the explanation unsatisfactory, it will record your child’s absence as ‘unauthorised’, that is, as truancy.
Most absences for acceptable reasons will be authorised by your child’s school:
- Unavoidable medical or dental appointments (if possible, arrange these for after school or during school holidays)
- An interview with a prospective employer or college
- Exceptional family circumstances, such as bereavement
- Days of religious observance.
Your child’s school will not authorise absence for the following reasons:
- Shopping during school hours
- Day trips
- Holidays which have not been agreed
- Looking after brothers or sisters or ill relatives.
Do the following statements agree with the information given in the text on pages 18 and 19?
In boxes 1–5 on your answer sheet, write
TRUE if the statement agrees with the information
FALSE if the statement contradicts the information
NOT GIVEN if there is no information on this
- Children must go to the school where they are registered.
- All arrivals after the register has closed are recorded as ‘unauthorised’ absences.
- If your child is absent from school, you must send the school a letter to explain why.
- Staff who think a child is having difficulties at school will contact the parents.
- Schools will contact other authorities about children who take frequent unauthorised absences.
GET IT NOW
You can access the link below to get the ebook & audio or leave your email in the comment section to receive it via email.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic: Art & Technology with Model Essay - May 30, 2018
- 15 IELTS Practice Tests (Book) - May 29, 2018
- IELTS Success Formula For Academic & General Training Module (Book) - May 26, 2018