Cambridge English IELTS 11 General Training Student’s Book with Answers
- 1 Product Description :
- 2 Free Sample For Reading :
- 3 Section 1
Product Description :
‘Cambridge IELTS 11 General Training’ provides an excellent opportunity for students to familiarise themselves with the IELTS exam and practise test-taking techniques using authentic test material. You can choose an edition containing either four complete tests for either the Academic or the General Training module. An introduction to these different modules is included in each book, together with an explanation of the scoring system used by Cambridge English Language Assessment. A comprehensive section of answers and tape scripts makes the material ideal for students working partly or entirely on their own. These tests are also available for purchase online at Testbank.org.uk.
IELTS Actual Test Questions (August - November 2021)
4.8 of 5
4.6 of 5
4.8 of 5
4.8 of 5
Free Sample For Reading :
Read the text below and answer Questions 1–5.
Is Your Child at School Today?
School Attendance Information for Parents/Guardians
To provide full-time education for your child, give them the best possible start in life. As a parent, you should also make sure that your child is punctual and attends school regularly to make the most of the opportunities available for them. The law says that parents must ensure that their child regularly attends the school where he/she is registered.
What you can do to help
- Make sure your child goes to school on time. This encourages the habit of timekeeping and reduces any possible classroom disruption. If your child arrives after the register has closed without a good reason, this will be recorded as an ‘unauthorized’ absence for that session.
- If your child has to miss school, you must let the school know why, preferably on the first morning of the absence. (Your child’s school will have an attendance policy explaining how this should be done.)
- If you think that your child is having difficulties in attending school you should contact the school. It is better to do this at the earliest, as most problems can be dealt with quickly.
If your child is absent and the school does not receive an explanation from you or considers the explanation unsatisfactory, it will record your child’s absence as ‘unauthorized’, that is, as truancy.
Your child’s school will authorize most absences for acceptable reasons such as:
- Unavoidable medical or dental appointments (if possible, arrange these after school or during school holidays)
- An interview with a prospective employer or college
- Exceptional family circumstances, such as bereavement
- Days of religious observance.
Your child’s school will not authorize absence for the following reasons:
- Shopping during school hours
- Day trips
- Holidays which have not been agreed
- Looking after brothers or sisters or ill relatives.
Do the following statements agree with the information given in the text on pages 18 and 19?
In boxes 1–5 on your answer sheet, write
TRUE if the statement agrees with the information
FALSE if the statement contradicts the information
NOT GIVEN if there is no information on this
- Children must go to the school where they are registered.
- All arrivals after the register has closed are recorded as ‘unauthorized’ absences.
- If your child is absent from school, you must send the school a letter to explain why.
- Staff who think a child is having difficulties at school will contact the parents.
- Schools will contact other authorities about children who take frequent unauthorized absences.
Get It Now
You can access the link below to get the eBook & audio.
Frequently Asked Questions
How are the Reading passages in IELTS General different from that of IELTS Academic?
Does one need to get more questions correct in IELTS General for obtaining a given band score?
How does the difficulty level vary in a Reading test?
Does the total number of questions vary for IELTS General and IELTS Academic?
What are the skills needed to achieve a high band in the Reading section?