Idiom – Spill The Beans
Spill The Beans – Idiom of the Day
Reveal secret information
According to the Scholastic Dictionary of Idioms, this dates back to Ancient Greece. Back then, people used to cast votes by placing black or white beans in a jar. If someone spilled over the jar, everyone would know the results prematurely.
- I have some really juicy gossip about what happened at the party last night, but I don’t want you to spill the beans.
- Anika spilled the beans about Zoey’s pregnancy to all her friends.
- We cannot let him testify, he would spill the beans!
- It’s hard work for actors to not spill the beans about the major events in their movie or TV shows.
- Hey don’t tell Jonathan about your date, he’s sure to spill the beans to Cassie.
- The mafia’s entire operation in the city fell to pieces because one low-level enforcer had spilled the beans.
- Hey, could you do me a favour and not spill the beans about my surprise party for Jessica?
- Don’t worry, you can skip class for today. I won’t spill the beans to mom.
- Dude, come on. Spill the beans. Whom did you go out with that evening?
- I don’t know how dad found out about you scratching the car. Don’t look at me like that! I didn’t spill the beans!