IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Pollution
1. Is there anything being polluted in your hometown?
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic with Band 9 Sample – Topic: Social Network
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic with Model Answer – Topic: Driving
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Island with Sample Answers
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 8 Sample – Topic: Maths
Absolutely. As the industry and economy are on the rise (increasing), more and more factories are showing up, causing air pollution. Moreover, as people’s salaries have increased, more people can afford their own personal vehicles, which worsens this problem. Furthermore, there is waste dumped (thrown into) in the bodies of water, causing water pollution. Lastly, as there are many new construction projects and traffic jams, noise pollution is also on the rise.
2. What are the common types of pollutions in the countryside?
As many of the factories are built in rural areas, they are a cause of air pollution in the countryside. Moreover, the use of pesticides (chemicals to keep bugs and animals away from plants) and chemical fertilizers (chemicals added to make soil stronger) in farming does not help this problem. Furthermore, some people dispose of their personal waste into bodies of water, causing water pollution.
3. What are the causes of those pollutions?
Although there are many different factors to these complex (complicated with many parts) problems, I will talk about a few. I would say that the cause of these pollutions are due to industry, such as the factories. Moreover, farming contributes to this problem, as there is a high demand to have enough food for the increasing population. Lastly, water pollution stems from (starts from) poor waste management systems in rural areas, as well as ineffective operation of waste treatment facilities.
4. Have you ever done anything to help the environment?
I could definitely do more! However, I think that small actions do count. I always carry my trash home with me to throw away if there isn’t a public garbage bin available. I would feel so guilty blatantly littering! Moreover, I choose to ride my bicycle or walk when transportation isn’t needed. Lastly, I opt (choose) to not get a plastic bag when they are unnecessary in stores.
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic with Band 9 Sample – Topic: Social Network - September 13, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic with Model Answer – Topic: Driving - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!