Carrying Things: IELTS Speaking Part 1 Sample Answer
- 1 IELTS Speaking Part 1
- 1.1 Vocabulary
- 1.2 Vocabulary
- 1.3 Vocabulary
- 1.4 Vocabulary
Read our Band 9 Samples for IELTS Speaking Part 1 – Topic: Carrying Things to polish up your English skills and boost your IELTS speaking score.
You can get our IELTS speaking ebook titled “IELTS Speaking Actual Tests & Suggested Answers (Ebook)” which covers all the latest IELTS Speaking Actual Tests in 2017 with Band 9.0 Model Answers to boost your IELTS score.
IELTS Speaking Part 1
What do you carry when you go out?
Oh, this is such an interesting question to me. Being a girl means that being neat and beautiful is top priority. Hence, whenever I go out, I often carry a black leather backpack which contains a comb, a pack of tissues, a bottle of water and a jacket that would protect me from the severe sunlight of the sun during a day.
- Neat [a] A neat person likes to keep themselves, their house and their possessions tidy and in good order
- Priority [n] something that is very important and must be dealt with before other things
- Contain [v] to have something inside or include something as a part
- Tissue [n] soft paper which is used for cleaning, especially your nose, and is thrown away after use, or a small rectangular piece of this
- Severe [a] causing very great pain, difficulty, worry, damage, etc; very serious
Do you ever forget to bring things?
I’m kind of absent-minded so I sometimes forget to bring the keys. I tend to toss keys everywhere so I have lost them several times.
- Absent-minded (adj) forgetful
Do you carry different things in the morning and in the evening?
I would say that most of the time when I go out during the daytime or night, I always bring along a purse which contains my credit and debit cards, small money, and driving license. However, I will bring some make-up and skin-care products like sunscreen in my vintage bag when I go out in the daylight hours.
- Bring along (phrasal verb) to bring someone or something while going somewhere
- Skin-care (phrase) things that you do and use to keep your skin healthy and attractive
How would you remind yourself of something you need to bring?
Well, I have never ever thought about it. Such an interesting question, though. I think that I can refresh my memory by taking note of every single thing I should bring along during the day shortly after I get up. This is because in the morning, I can recharge enough energy after a healthy sleep, thereby being able to avoid forgetting things to carry along.
- Never ever (expression) an emphatic way of saying never
- Take note of (phrase) to give attention to something
- Refresh my memory (phrase) to help you to remember something
When you go to different places, do you carry different kinds of things?
Well, I’m a kind of person who prefers the same things all the time, so it’s not very easy for me to change my stuff. Whenever I go out, I hardly carry a lot of things. Hence, when I arrive at different places, I still bring my favorite backpack with the same personal objects, such as: a pack of tissues, a bottle of water and a jacket.
- Stuff [n] used to refer to a substance or a group of things or ideas, etc., often with a description of their general type or quality or saying who they belong to, without saying exactly what they are
- Hardly [adv] only just; almost not
- Personal object [phrase] things that belong to someone