Read our Band 9 Samples for IELTS Speaking Part 1 – Topic: Bringing things to polish up your English skills and boost your IELTS speaking score.
You can get our IELTS speaking ebook titled “IELTS Speaking Actual Tests & Suggested Answers (Ebook)” which covers all the latest IELTS Speaking Actual Tests in 2017 with Band 9.0 Model Answers to boost your IELTS score.
- IELTS Speaking Actual Test in Australia – July 2017 & Sample Answers
- 2017 IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Walking & Sample Answers
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 in 2017 – Topic: Holiday & Sample Answers
- 2017 IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Toys & Model Answers
- 2017 IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Patience & Model Answers
IELTS SPEAKING PART 1
What will you bring when you go out?
Oh, this is such an interesting question to me. Being a girl means that being neat and beautiful is her top priority. Hence, whenever I go out, I often carry a black leather backpack which contains a comb, a pack of tissues, a bottle of water and a jacket that would protect me from the severe sunlight of the sun during a day.
Neat [a] A neat person likes to keep themselves, their house and their possessions tidy and in good order
Priority [n] something that is very important and must be dealt with before other things
Contain [v] to have something inside or include something as a part
Tissue [n] soft paper which is used for cleaning, especially your nose, and is thrown away after use, or a small rectangular piece of this
Severe [a] causing very great pain, difficulty, worry, damage, etc; very serious
Did you ever forget to bring things?
I’m kind of absent-minded so I sometimes forget to bring the keys. I tend to toss keys everywhere so I have lost them several times.
Absent-minded (adj) forgetful
Will you bring different things in the daytime or at night?
I would say that most of the time when I go out during the daytime or night, I always bring along a purse which contains my credit and debit cards, small money, and driving license. However, I will bring some make-up and skin-care products like sunscreen in my vintage bag when I go out in the daylight hours.
Bring along (phrasal verb) to bring someone or something while going somewhere
Skin-care (phrase) things that you do and use to keep your skin healthy and attractive
How would you remind yourself of something you need to bring?
Well, I have never ever thought about it. Such an interesting question, though. I think that I can refresh my memory by taking note of every single thing I should bring along during the day shortly after I get up. This is because in the morning, I can recharge enough energy after a healthy sleep, thereby being able to avoid forgetting things to carry along.
Never ever (expression) an emphatic way of saying never
Take note of (phrase) to give attention to something
Refresh my memory (phrase) to help you to remember something
When you go to different places, do you carry different kinds of things?
Well, I’m a kind of person who prefers the same things all the time, so it’s not very easy for me to change my stuff. Whenever I go out, I hardly carry a lot of things. Hence, when I arrive at different places, I still bring my favorite backpack with the same personal objects, such as: a pack of tissues, a bottle of water and a jacket.
Stuff [n] used to refer to a substance or a group of things or ideas, etc., often with a description of their general type or quality or saying who they belong to, without saying exactly what they are
Hardly [adv] only just; almost not
Personal object [phrase] things that belong to someone
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!