IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic & Questions: Bringing Things & Model Answers
Q1: What will you bring when you go out?
Well, you know, there are certainly some items that I’d consider essentials whenever I go out. For example, a pair of headphones to listen to music when I’m on the move. It really makes my daily commute less boring.
- 2017 IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Patience & Model Answers
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers
- 2017 IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Cooking/Food & Model Answers
- IELTS Speaking Questions (Part 1, 2, 3) & Sample Answers – Topic: Health
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2020 (Jan – Aug 2020) & Sample Answers
On the move (phrase) to be going somewhere; to be travelling
Commute (noun) a regular journey between work and home
Q2: Did you ever forget to bring things?
Well, I gotta admit I’m quite a forgetful person. There have certainly been times when I’ve left the house without my keys, my phone or even worse, my wallet. It’s really a nuisance finding out that you have no cash on hand when you want to pay for, like, a coffee or something.
Q3: Will you bring different things in the daytime or at night?
I guess I do bring different items at different times of day. Like, for example, in the morning when it’s really sunny, a pair of shades might come in handy so I always bring that. By contrast, at night when it can get a bit cold, it’s quite useful to have a light jacket to brace yourself against the chill.
Come in handy (phrase) to be useful
Brace yourself (phrase) to prepare yourself physically or mentally for something unpleasant
Pro Tip for IELTS Speaking:
To make your speaking sound native and natural, you should add more adverbs in your sentences.
- There are certainly some items….
- It’s really a nuisance…
- It can get a bit cold…
- It’s quite useful…
(Try to put an emphasis on adverbs when speaking)
Compiled and edited by Dang Tran Tung, IELTS 9.0
You can get our IELTS speaking ebook titled “IELTS Speaking Actual Tests & Suggested Answers (Ebook)” which covers all the latest IELTS Speaking Actual Tests in 2017 with Band 9.0 Model Answers to boost your IELTS score.
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2020 (Jan – Aug 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!