Part 1 Topic: Shopping/ Customer service
- Band 9 Sample for Common IELTS Speaking Part 1 – Topic: Music
- IELTS Speaking Part 3 Topic: Learning & Band 8 Model Answers
- Band 9 Sample for Common IELTS Speaking Part 1 – Topic: Photography
- Band 9 Sample for Common IELTS Speaking Part 1 – Topic: Hometown
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Band 9 Sample with Audio – Topic: Celebrities
- Is it necessary for companies to set up customer service?
Of course. Customers are very important, and keeping them satisfied by providing continued support is one way to build a customer base and consolidate their loyalty.
- What products or services do people in your country like to complain about?
People in my country like to complain about electricity prices. There’s only one company that provides electricity here. It often raises electricity prices without caring about quality of service because it has monopoly.
- Would you buy things in the shops which you have made complaints before?
No, I would not. I’m not someone who likes to make complaints, so if I had done so at a store, it would be for something serious like faulty products or unauthorized, suspicious charges on my credit card.
- Do you think customers’ complaints will improve products or services?
No, companies aren’t worried about complaints if they don’t lead to lawsuits, and most people don’t have the money or tenacity to file charges. On the other hand, companies are concerned about their sales. If many people complain about their products, then they will have to improve them.
- Are there any disadvantages to setting up customer service?
It costs company a lot of money to set up and maintain customer service. And it’s quite hard to find people that are suitable to work in customer service; you have to be friendly, patient and tactful – these qualities are quite hard to come by these days.
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!