Do you know that IELTS writing questions are repeated quite often? So let’s go through this list of IELTS writing tests in 2013 and practice with these questions to get yourself well-prepared for the Writing test!
IELTS Writing Task 2 Topics in December 2013
Scientists tell us that some activities are good for health and others are bad. Despite knowing that, millions of people still continue doing unhealthy activities. What are the causes and what are the solutions for this?
- IELTS Writing Test in Ukraine – Feb 2018 & Model Essay
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic: Transportation with Answer
- IETLS Writing Task 2 Topic: Communication Technology & Sample Answers
- IETLS Writing Task 2 Topic: Living in Campus & Sample Answers
- IELTS Writing Task 2 in November 2017 & Model Essays – Topic: Families
In many countries, young people leave rural areas to study or work in cites. What do you think are reasons of this ? Do you think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
People nowadays are buying wider range of household things (for example television, rice cooker) than in the past. Do you think this is a positive or negative development?
In recent years, tourists have paid attention to preserving both the culture and environment of the places they visit. However, some people think that it is impossible to be a responsible tourist. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
IELTS Writing Task 2 Topics in November 2013
More and more people want to own famous brands of cars, clothes and other items. What are the reasons for this? Is this a negative or positive trend?
As a part of education, students should spend a period of time living in another country to learn its language and culture. Do you agree or disagree?
Few languages are increasingly spoken in different countries, while the usage of others is rapidly declining. Is this a positive or a negative development?
Young people who commit serious crimes should be punished in the same way as adults. Do you agree or disagree?
IELTS Writing Task 2 Topics in October 2013
A rise in the standard of living in a country often only seems to benefits cities rather than rural areas. What problems might this differences cause? How might these problems be reduced?
Many parents go and work in other countries these days, taking their families with them. Do the advantages for families of development outweigh the disadvantages?
Economic progress is one way to measure a country’s success. What other factors do you think should be concerned when measure the success of a country? In these factors, which one is the most important?
IELTS Writing Task 2 Topics in September 2013
Some people say that government should control tightly the use of freshwater. Other say that individuals should use as much as they want. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Throughout history, people have dreamed about perfect society, but they have not agreed what an ideal society is. What do you think the most important elements to have perfect society in modern world? How people can achieve an ideal society?
Some people think that nuclear energy is better than other source of power for meeting ever-increasing global needs. To what extent do you agree?
IELTS Writing Task 2 Topics in August 2013
People in the modern world are become more and more dependent on each other. Some people believe that people are more independent. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
Do the advantages of government spending their money on college and university fees for student outweigh the disadvantages?
IELTS Writing Task 2 Topics in July 2013
The restoration of the old buildings in the major cities throughout the world involves the enormous government expenditure. This money would bring more benefit if it used to provide new housing and road. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
The tendency for human beings to copy others can be shown in the popularity of fashion in clothes and other consumer goods. To what extend do you agree or disagree?
IELTS Writing Task 2 Topics in June 2013
Some people believe that secondary school children should study international news as a subject. Others say that this is wasting time. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Some people think that families have the most powerful influence on a child’s development, while others think other factors such as television, friend, music, etc have biggest effects. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
People nowadays are encouraged to buy more and more consumer products. Some people think that it is good for the economy; others believe that this development will damage the society as a whole. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
IELTS Writing Task 2 Topics in May 2013
Some people think that the governments spent money on artists would be better than on more important things. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Some people think that children should be taught history at school. Others refute this by suggesting that schools should teach children subjects that are relevant to their latter life. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
People are surrounded by all kinds of advertising. Some people believe that advertising has a negative effect on people’s lives. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
In many big cities in the world, the quality of life is decreasing. What are the causes and solutions for this?
IELTS Writing Task 2 Topics in April 2013
Some people think that older school children should learn a wide range of subjects to acquire more knowledge, while other people believe they should learn a small number of subjects in details. Discuss both views and give your opinions.
Some people claim that it is acceptable to use animals in medical research for the benefit of human beings, while other people argue that it is wrong. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
In developed countries, populations are now living individually or in very small family units. In your opinion, why is the case and what effects it brings to society.
In the past people believed that the human race was steadily making progress in all areas of life, nowadays there is less certainty that it is so. In what areas do you think the most important progress has been made so far? In what areas more needs to be done?
IELTS Writing Task 2 Topics in March 2013
Human have made a great technological process in the last hundred years. However, this progress has negative effects on people’s lives. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Some people believe that when designing a building, the most important thing to be considered is the function rather than the outward appearance. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Some people believe that studying in a college or university is the best way for students to prepare for their future career. Others think they should leave school as soon as possible to develop their career through work experience. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
Universities and colleges are now offering qualifications through distance learning from the Internet rather than teachers in the classroom. Do you think the advantages of this development outweigh the disadvantages?
IELTS Writing Task 2 Topics in February 2013
Not enough students choose science subjects in universities in many countries. What are the reasons and what are the effects to the society?
Some people think all lawbreakers should be put into prison, while others believe that there are better alternatives. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
Some people think young people should be free to choose his or her job， but other people think they should be realistic and think more about their future. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
Some people think watching TV is bad for children, while others think that watching TV has more beneficial effects on children. Discuss both sides and give your own opinion.
IELTS Writing Task 2 Topics in January 2013
Caring for children is important in any society. All parents should be required to take childcare courses. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
In some countries, parents expect their children to spend long time studying both in and after school and have less free time. What are the positive and negative effects on children and society they live in?
Some people think that work is the most important thing of people’s life. Without the success of career, life will become meaningless. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Some people believe that people who read books can develop more imagination and language skills than those who prefer to watch TV. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!